!!! MAWP is proud to announce the following band lineup for 2017 !!!
AUGUST 12th, 2017 MAWP BAND LINEUP
DISCOUNT PETTING ZOO 12-12:20
SPORTY LEE 12:30-12:50
ION CONTROL 1-1:20
SUBURBAN VERMIN 2-2:20
BLACK SMOKER 2:30-2:50
GIRL TROUBLE 3:30-3:50
RADIO ON 4-4:20
ACID TEETH 5:30-5:50
TEN MILES WIDE 6-6:20
Thank you bands for your involvement! We are proud to offer a diverse and talented group of bands each year, and this is no exception. Music and Art in Wright Park is Tacoma’s longest-running festival and we think it has to do in part with the dedication of the musicians who perform each year, so thank you so kindly for donating your time to preserve this Tacoma tradition of rocking!
In keeping with the local sauce of the festival and a MAWP first, we are partnering with Tacoma’s own ALT 102.9 Radio for this years festival! We couldn’t think of a better radio station to join at the hip. Also, ALT 102.9 will be MC’ing this year so make sure to come out and meet the ALT 102.9 personalities. Thank you ALT 102.9, Tacoma’s ROCK Alternative!!!
We proud to announce Tacoma’s very own, Doyle’s Public House is back this year as a MAWP Sponsor! Welcome back, Doyle’s! Woohoo!
As part of the Tacoma Environmental Services sponsorship program (the garbage, recycle and portable toilets program), MAWP is required to do our best and participate in the Tacoma ES Green Program.
We ask all MAWP festival attendees and vendors to to do their part by:
- 1. (Vendors) Ensure no plastic bags are used for merchandise. Bring Your Own Bag ordinance goes into effect July 12th and street fairs and festivals are included.
- 2. (Attendees) Instead of driving, make it a healthy jaunt to MAWP 2017 by walking or biking to the event. Public transit is always an option too. We all understand the hell traffic can be and we ask that you make an effort to get to the festival without driving.
How to get to Music and Art in Wright Park:
- · Walking: Wright Park is accessible from Division Ave., S. G Street, S. 6th Ave., and S. I Street. We will be set up at the north end of the park, closest to Division Ave.
- Bicycle: Wright Park has many places to secure bicycles including bike racks. http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/2219/Bike-Map
- Transit: Music and Art in Wright Park is steps away from multiple Pierce Transit bus stations. The #1, #11 and #13 buses all come within a short walk of Wright Park and this event. https://www.piercetransit.org/
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
— MAWP Team
We are honored and pleased to announce that Tacoma artist Haley Waddington will be one of our featured artists at this year’s festival.
Haley Waddington is an Alaska native artist originally from a quiet little island in Southeast, Alaska and currently residing in Tacoma, WA. She works with acrylic paints on canvas, creating colorful scenes exploring how women are shown in art. Haley’s work has influences of pin up, animation, and her native heritage. Her new works explore feminism, sexuality, and the body positive movement. You can find more from the artist at:
You can also find my work on the following sites.
We are pleased to announce that the high-tech workshop FabLab Tacoma will be back at our festival this year!
FabLab Tacoma is Tacoma’s premier membership-driven prototyping and technology workshop. FabLab Tacoma creates customized artwork, gifts, awards, props, and costumes,
they have classes on robotics, welding, plasma cutting, CNC-router operation, how to operate a wood and metal lathe, laser cutting and engraving, soldering for circuit boards, and more. They also have an upcoming series of project base camps for youth to visualize and engineer their ideas by learning coding, building circuits, prototyping ideas, learning electronics, 3D modeling in Sketchup, stop-motion animation, claymation, 3D modeling, 3D printing, and 3D animation and more.
Pretty incredible. They’re located at 1938 Market Street in Tacoma, behind the Rock Wood Fired Kitchen and Spirits. Check them out and CREATE TACOMA!
- Express Appraisal Service – Tacoma, 253-219-8469. Express Appraisal Service has been a supporter of MAWP for years now and we would once again like to thank Express Appraisal Service for their support. Please call John for all your home appraisal needs!
- Trueblood Properties in Tacoma. Trueblood Properties have been big supporters of MAWP for a long time through both sponsorship and volunteering. We are very grateful for all that they do for us. Find Trueblood Properties on Facebook and let them help you find a fun and unique place to live – in Tacoma!!!
- Northwest Stage. Northwest Stage did us a huge favor by discounting their stage services for the festival by a whopping $1200!!!
Any sponsorship opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org !
VENDOR INFORMATION – APPLICATION
The Music and Art in Wright Park Festival is seeking artists and crafts people to participate in this year’s
festival on August 12th, 2017!!! As in the past, the festival includes music, art vendors, food, and activities for all
ages. We are looking for vendors, or artist groups, who create unique handmade arts and crafts such as
handbags, pottery, letterpress stationary, paintings, silk-screened t-shirts, zines, posters, body products and
sculptures, as well as vendors who sell vintage goods such as books, clothing and records. We would like to
also offer an invitation to Tacoma area businesses of all types to come a promote themselves.
Download and fill out the Vendor Application and email it to: email@example.com today!
Come get your wares seen and sold at the 2017 Music & Art in Wright Park Festival!
What would summer be like without festivals? Well, sunny days are on the horizon and it’s almost that time of year again. Tacoma’s Music and Art in Wright Park festival is back this summer and is bringing with it tons of fun.
Music and Art in Wright Park is a free outdoor festival celebrating the talents of local artists and musicians in our community. It is a not-for-profit event which relies on the generosity of individuals and local businesses for its continued support. The festival, which started almost two decades ago, has become a cultural institution in our community. As in previous years, this year will include local food, craft and art vendors and continuous music throughout the day.
But our festival wouldn’t be possible without our sponsors. It is only through partnerships with local companies that we can organize such a high-quality, free, community event. In return, the festival can offer high-profile advertisement to sponsors on a variety of levels.
If you, or your company, be interested in partnering with us at one of the sponsorship levels please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Together we can make this year’s Music and Art in Wright Park festival the best yet!
Music and Art in Wright Park is now accepting band submissions for this year’s lineup! If you’re interested in taking the stage on August 12th, 2017
for Tacoma’s longest-running rock festival, please fill out the submission form located on our website: http://www.mawptacoma.com
If we’re interested in your band, we’ll be in touch!
**Bands without links to recorded material for review are not eligible at this time.
or on our blog for festival updates and fundraising events. Full 2017 lineup announcement on July 12th.
Cheers and Viva La MAWP!